Between the ages of 8 and 13, I was molested 5 times. At 13 I found out the father I knew was not my biological father. Feeling rejected and abandoned I began a quest of looking for love in all the wrong places and found myself in a series of unhealthy relationships. Surrounded by poverty and a drug infested neighborhood, I also watched my mother being beaten by the same man who was supposed to love and protect me.
When I came to God, I wasn't looking for salvation. I was saved and baptized at 8. I was looking for answers. Why me? Why did all this happen to me? Couldn't you have chosen someone else? How do I let go of the pain? How do I release the anger? How do I get passed the shame? Who can I trust?
Ironically at 8 years old, in an effort to provide me a way to release my feelings, my teacher gave me a journal after she witnessed me being bullied and noticed the change in demeanor. I started writing letters to God, but in a move from another state, I stopped writing. I came to God broken, afraid, confused and full of questions, he took me back to my first love - writing and journaling. Through journaling I fought my way back, learned to trust and love again, learned to forgive and how to release the anger. This program is to teach you how to do the same!
(Class is self-paced, you will have 90-day access to all modules)
(for a limited time only)
This 6-week group program is designed for the woman who has survived traumatic events such as molestation, rape, domestic violence, and other unhealthy relationships and is ready to confront her past and begin the healing process necessary to finally walk in freedom and her God-given purpose.
Each week you will be challenged to not only journal through the pain but take action steps to facilitate healing. Each module is designed to challenge your thought process and take responsibility for your healing.
Topics & Activities Include:
1. Identifying the hurt—Do I need healing?
2. Breaking the silence— Acknowledging your feelings
3. Releasing the blame—Forgiving yourself & others
4. God is With Me - Establishing a better relationship with God
5. Walking in Freedom - Continuing the Healing Process
6. Purpose in the Pain—Recognizing others need your help
What you will get:
- Guided Prayers
- Weekly video with writing prompts and challenges
- Weekly group discussions, when needed (live conference calls)
- Ongoing group support after completion of program through private group.